Yr Ysgwrn (PR112)
by Rob Piercy£52.00
Giclee print of an original watercolour.
People love nostalgia and there's nothing quite like an old Welsh farmhouse surrounded by its clutter. But this is no ordinary Welsh farmhouse. This was the home of the famous Welsh bard Hedd Wyn.
Hedd Wyn won the chair (the highest accolade a Welsh bard can achieve) at the 1917 National Eisteddfod. What was so special about this you may ask? Well, by the time his success was announced Hedd Wyn had been killed in action on the first day of the Battle of Passchendaele. His award was presented poshthumously. The farmhouse is now a visitor's centre and the chair which Hedd Wyn won, known to this day as the Black Chair has become a symbol of the generation of young men who fought and died during the 1st World War.
Product details :
- Image size - 25cm x 38cm
- Print only, paper size - 31cm x 44cm
- Mounted size - 40.7cm x 53.6cm
- The framed image is for illustrative purposes only. Unfortunately we can't ship framed prints due to insurance issues regarding the glass.
- See our Prints Buying Guide for more information.
Shipping details :
- Mounted images are shipped flat-pack
- Print-only shipped in a tube
- See our Shipping and Postal Guide for information on delivery and cost.