Giclee print of an original watercolour.
Some would describe the utter desecration of a whole mountainside above Llanberis as a scene from the apocalypse, but Dinorwig Quarry is for less of a better phrase, a pretty impressive sight. The magnitude of what man has done to the side of a mountain is truly awe inspiring, leaving behind a massive scar of blue gray.
To truly appreciate the scale of the ravage you must visit the scene, because from a distance you fail to grasp the enormity of what has taken place here. There are huge holes hundreds of feet deep with vertical sides plunging into deep black pools. High up there are terraces with buildings with long lines of massive slate saws, red rusty by now.
Of course this desecration if you want to call it this (remember it employed thousands of local men for decades) lies amid's arguably some of the most spectacularly beautiful landscape in Britain.
I wanted to capture the contrasts between the industrial heritage of North Wales and it's inspiring landscape.
Product details :
- Image size - 30cm x 33cm
- Print only, paper size - 36cm x 39cm
- Mounted size - 46cm x 49cm
- The framed image is for illustrative purposes only. Unfortunately we can't ship framed prints due to insurance issues regarding the glass.
- See our Prints Buying Guide for more information.
Shipping details :
- Mounted images are shipped flat-pack
- Print-only shipped in a tube
- See our Shipping and Postal Guide for information on delivery and cost.