Giclee print of an original oil painting.
Limited edition of 200.
Cwm is the Welsh word for a glaciated valley, the Scottish equivalent is a Corrie. This is Cwm Idwal in Snowdonia. They are characterized often by a steep headwall lined with high cliffs and a lake, in this case Llyn Idwal, cradled in its base. There are many different types of cwm, some, usually south facing one's are softer, greener and fairly expansive, but the north facing cwm's of Eryri are hard places, bristling with crags and with a dark, sombre 'llyn' nestling in its hollow.
Cwm Idwal is probably the most spectacular cwm in Eryri, it contains all the above characteristics, which attracted many of the sublime landscapes painters of the Romantic period to portray it's dark secrets. My painting has captured the cwm in a more gentle mood with summer light transforming the usual harsh atmosphere into something more welcoming.
Product detail :
- Image size - 40cm x 60cm
- Print only, paper size - 46cm x 66cm
- Mounted size - 60cm x 79.2cm
- The framed image is for illustrative purposes only. Unfortunately we can't ship framed prints due to insurance issues regarding the glass.
- See our Prints Buying Guide for more information.
Shipping details :
- Mounted images are shipped flat-pack
- Print-only shipped in a tube
- See our Shipping and Postal Guide for information on delivery and cost.